February 2, 2012

Report Cards

Report cards are going home today. Please look carefully at the first page, which shows your child's score on the Fountas & Pinnell reading assessment, the DIBELS reading tests, and the mCLASS math tests. These scores measure your child's current abilities in reading and math, rather than their effort on classwork and assignments. If your child has any yellow or red dots, he or she should be doing extra practice in those areas at home. I have included the DIBELS parent suggestions page for any students who were on yellow or red. Please use these ideas to practice at home.

Please sign the report card and return it to school. I will send it home again for you to keep once I have checked off that I saw your signature. If you would like to meet with me to discuss your child's progress, please contact me and I would be happy to set up an appointment.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment