September 12, 2011

Welcome to First Grade!

September 6, 2011

Dear Families,

My name is Mrs. Horeis and will be teaching the wonderful first graders in room 404. I hope you all had a great summer and are looking forward to the new school year as much as I am!

I can already tell we have a great group of students this year and I can’t wait to get to know them and their families. If you see me before or after school this week, I would love for you to introduce yourselves. The Goethe Open House will be on Wednesday, September 14th at 6pm, and I hope to see you all there as well.

Thank you to those who brought in their school supplies. If you have not yet brought them in, please do so as soon as possible. I have attached another copy of the list for anyone who needs it.

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of the first week of school are non-uniform days. Starting on Monday, September 12th, every Monday to Thursday your child must be in proper uniform. If he or she is not, the office will call home and ask someone to bring uniform items to school.

Each day, your child will bring this blue folder home. It is very important that you check your child’s folder every day to make sure you are receiving communication from the school and me promptly. On the back of your child’s folder is a behavior chart. Each day, the students make choices about their behavior. When they make good choices all day, they stay on “green”. When they need a few reminders to make good choices, they move to “yellow”. When they continue to make poor choices, they move to “red”. At the end of the day, the students color their behavior chart the correct color. Please take a look at your child’s behavior chart each day and talk to him or her about the choices they made.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and to a fantastic year in first grade!

Sincerely,

Mrs. Horeis

No comments:

Post a Comment